So, a while back, mid April to be exact, I had a little boating mishap. For details see http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6295
Well I finally got the boat back last night after a long haul at two different shops. The final bill.... $7,000!! I fortunately only had to pay my $500 deductible.
First the boat went to the mechanics shop where they removed all of the parts needed for the fiberglass work. Nothing mechanically looked wrong with the boat.
So, at the fiberglass shop they fixed the damage from the handle, and also fixed damage to the gel coat from the tower and the swim deck.
The boat then went back to the mechanics where they installed everything back into the boat and took it for a test run... they felt a vibration. They pulled everything back out, and found there was a variance in the prop shaft and possibly problems with the strut and prop. They replaced the prop, shaft and strut with new parts and put it all back together. They took it for another test run and found that my ballast bags were filling up on their own. They did some more looking and found that there was some seal that wasn't all the way sealed so they fixed that too.
When they said they were going to replace the prop I asked what they were going to put and they said the same one that was on it before 14x18.5. I asked if he was able to put a wake boarding prop on and he replaced it with an ACME 1235 14.5x14.25 so I am really stoked about that. Tomorrow I plan on taking her out for the first time! Here are some pics of the new gear.